Friday, August 23, 2013

Tiny hands


Just this morning, as I was getting ready for work, I looked at my dresser and noticed all these teeny, tiny hand prints on the drawers and all I could do was smile.  For those little prints are from all the times you’ve tried to help momma.  I know that I probably should take the furniture polish out and clean them up but then I thought about the fact that soon your hands won’t be this tiny and sweet.  I know that in a few short years those little hands are going to be big enough to catch a football or baseball and too big for momma to hold.  I get sad just thinking that one day, even if it seems so far away, that you will be too old for momma to ask for sugar and you probably won’t even want momma in the same room with you. So for the time, I’m just going to leave those little hand prints right where they are and just enjoy all the little marks those tiny hands leave for me.
                            
Hand Prints On The Wall
by Anonymous
One day as I was picking
the toys up off the floor,
I noticed a small hand print
on the wall beside the door.

I knew that it was something
that I'd seen most every day,
but this time when I saw it there
I wanted it to stay.

Then tears welled up inside my eyes,
I knew it wouldn't last
for every mother knows
her children grow up way too fast.

Just then I put my chores aside
and held my children tight.
I sang to them sweet lullabies
and rocked into the night.

Sometimes we take for granted,
all those things that seem so small.
Like one of God's great treasures...
A small hand print on the wall


Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment