Monday, April 7, 2014

This ain't no Joke!

Yes I know the title is not grammatically correct but seriously, Caffeine withdrawals really, ain't no joke.  I'm really not feeling good AT ALL!!!

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 2010 and I chose not to go on any of those medications that are suppose to help.  The reason for this is simple they are not good for you.  I mean why would I want to put some crazy stuff in my body that could cause more problems than just knee pain.  So I decided that I would try to control it with diet.  I did really good with not having caffeine, or gluten until I got pregnant with Pip in 2011, then I just couldn't help myself I needed cupcakes, brownies and Mexican food.  These things didn't bother me while I was pregnant, other than morning sickness pretty much the entire 9 months, I never felt better.

Now my knee pain is hindering my ability to play with my son like I would like, so I'm back to trying to adjust my diet.  One thing that causes flare ups is caffeine.  I love coffee and coke and chocolate.  I usually can't get going in the morning with out a tall mug of coffee, well I haven't had any coffee or coke (soda) since Saturday morning and my head is throbbing!!!! 

I'm also trying to cut out the gluten because it's EVIL too.  I love pasta and biscuits and I've already confessed my love of Chick-fil-a.  Oh this is going to be a toughie. Maybe I'll just eat vegetables there's really nothing in them right?

Sorry I know I was all into the April Blog a Day Challenge for 3 days but I don't think I can really commit to something that permanent so you'll get a post when I can actually think of something to write that's on topic.

2 comments:

  1. Have you talked to a chiropractor about your RA? I don't know much about RA but I do know that chiropractic care has helped me so much with other issues in a natural way. I just found this on it: http://www.everydayhealth.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/rheumatoid-chiropractic-care.aspx

    The headaches will go away if you stick with the no caffeine thing :)

    Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do actually go to a chiropractor, my husband. :-) Truth is he gives me great things to do to help it and when I'm not being lazy and actually do them, it feels better. But since I'm too lazy I'll just surffer the redrawals of caffeine. Thanks again for you advice/support .

      Delete