Wednesday, April 2, 2014

This is my life


Ok so it's Day 2 of the April Blog a Day Challenge with Karissa at A Fresh start on a budget I think this one is going to be difficult for me.  This is the story of my life in 300 word or less.

I was born a Southern Belle, no really I was, My mama had me prissified from the moment I came into this world.  I'm an only child, yes I was, and sometimes still am a SPOILED BRAT! I lived my first 7 years in Thomasville, GA with my Mom and my Dad and then we moved to McAllen, TX.  I was the only English speaking blondie in my class.

We lived there a total of 6 months until my parents got divorced and my mom and I moved to Orlando, FL.  Orlando is the place that shaped me.  I never really "fit" in. I was bullied from 4th grade (thank you braces) until I graduated high school. (That's another post). 

After graduation we moved to New Smyrna Beach, FL where I attended Photography school (lot a good that did me).  I had BIG dreams of becoming a photographer and moving to NYC (God had greater plans). 

I met my husband while working for Clinique in May 2005, we were engaged May of 2007 and married the same day May 2008.  Three days later our entire lives were packed up and moving to New Jersey. I fought for 2 years to get out of there and finally realized that was where God wanted me.  We got into a great church and met some amazing people. 

                                                  (Please Pardon the duck lips, I was "Vogueing")


Finally, in 2012 our Pip was born. No that's not his real name. He is the best thing that ever happened to us. I know every parent thinks their kid is the most amazing, smartest kid there ever was, but really ours is.


                                        









After, 5 years of tears, threats (I told you I was a spoiled brat) and A LOT of prayers, a door finally opened up down south and our little family packed up and headed to Dixie. Well, it's not actually Dixie cause there's still a TON of northerners here, which really helps my Jersey boy with the transition.  At least people aren't as rude and they say please and thank you and everyone is Ma'am and Sir.  I love it!

What's your story?  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for participating in my challenge. I enjoyed getting to know you a little bit.

    ReplyDelete